Monday, November 23, 2015

My Wisdom Teeth Adventure

Whenever I see wisdom teeth wake up videos, I normally laugh. Because they are funny. So when my dentist said I needed the four teeth taken out, I said as long as it was over Thanksgiving/fall break. My sister had hers out last year and she wasn't exciting. Her comedy level was a zero. She was completely coherent and acted like it was a day in the park. So I was curious to see how I acted.
source
I had my wisdom teeth taken out today. My nerves were all over the place because it was my first ever surgery. I thought that I would fight the anesthesia, so when the doctor said in 30 seconds I would feel sleepy I thought I would get down to one and still be awake. That was a big nope. I doubt I made it past twenty five. I was out cold.
I woke up with my coat on and my mom asking me if I was ready to leave. Apparently waking me up was a struggle. I was in a happy sleepy trance and it took forever for me to wake up. So, this video ensued. I was still halfway asleep.
video

My mom took a couple of videos because of how funny I was to her. I was dead serious about everything I did . I couldn't walk straight, so it took my mom and the nurse to get me to the car.
Then the car. I bought Adele's new CD the day it came out and it's been living in my Mom's car since. When she turned her car on Hello started to play. And I totally belted it out like there was no tomorrow. Tone deafness, gauze filled mouth, and all. Adele was the only one in the car hitting those notes, but I was convinced that starting a band was a must do. Because I was rocking it. There is a video of this on facebook, but I am going to forget that ever happened. Yup, yup, yup. It will go down into the forgotten hole of facebook videos.
I also said I was going to write a book when I got home. Which I did. I grabbed my surface and began to type away. Eyes closed while saying whatever I was typing. Because real author skills.
My mom, sister and me tried to understand what I wrote later, because I wrote a lot. Much gibberish about cats, zombies and my sudden rapping career. The sentences I strung together were gems such as this: I am a rapper. I can do the rhythms good and I can shake it off.
When I first got home, I really wanted to go into the craft room and make model horse tack. I'm so happy that I was put in bed. Who knows what would have been made or how many fingers would have been lost.
So far I haven't had any pain. I'm hoping that continues even though the dentist said my bottom teeth were hard to pull out. I hate sitting still and not being able to do stuff. So I'm hoping I still feel well tomorrow so I can sneak down into the craft room and do model stuff. Hopefully.
Not sad about losing them, but ice cream is always good.
Well, that was the first and last time to get my wisdom teeth pulled. It was quite an experience for my mom and one that I can actually remember most of!

8 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!!!!
    The video isn't working, which is making me sad because I really want to see it and laugh heheh. :D
    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Thanks for letting me know, I'll see how to fix it!

      Delete
  2. I am jealous....I had my two left wisdom teeth taken out way back in the 1990's and they wouldn't put me to sleep..... no, just numbed me and made me feel the pain.

    Still have both right teeth, no rush to remove them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! I can't imagine being being awake for it.

      Delete
    2. Wasn't that bad. Didn't even hurt much after... but I am in no rush to do the right side.
      Their not bugging me so they can stay.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, this is hilarious! Thank you for sharing! :) I hope you're healing well? I actually have to have all of mine taken out, sooner rather than later, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I'm terrified of dentists - not just "there are things I'd rather do", but full on shaking and crying while I'm there... I can remember even as a little kid when I learned that most likely someday I'd have to have 4 teeth pulled out of my head, my reaction was "NOPE." Alas, that time has pretty much arrived. Luckily, I've heard good things about the clinic here, so hopefully it will go well and I'll have my own adventure to share. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty terrified too. But it took me no time for me to be out. And I didn't have any pain at all! If you keep up on the meds, you'll be fine. Two of mine were pretty deep and I still didn't feel anything. I hope yours goes well!

      Delete