Sunday, June 28, 2015

Portals, Reflections, and Mirrors

I made some miniature books today. I was trying to finish a tack project, but it wasn't working. So miniature books happened instead.

Carl the Zombie made a cameo (I thought I'd lost Carl, but he was found).
A zombie reading a zombie book.

A friend gave me her view of  book categories that I thought was interesting. I can't remember it word for word, but the gist was that books are portals, reflections, or mirrors. Now, when I read a book I really don't think about categories. If it sounds good, I pick it up.
She said portals take you to other 'worlds'. They're an escape.
Left to Right: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Clockwork Princess, City of Bones, Girl Of Nightmares

Reflections make you sit back after you're done reading and think. They're gateways into lifestyles/classes you don't live in.
Left To Right: The Fault In Our StarsThe OutsidersTo Kill A Mockingbird

Mirrors are close to portals. You can escape into them, but there's something more to just escaping. There's a message inside. They reflect life, but not in an exact image.
Left to Right: Hunger GamesCatching Fire ,MockingjayLord Of The FliesFahrenheit 451
Have you read any of these actual books? What did you think of them?
I made a specific board on Pinterest for miniature books, so if you like them, here's a board with covers so you can make your own! Link

2 comments:

  1. I love these miniature books! And to answer your question, I've read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; The Outsiders; To Kill a Mocking Bird; all three of the Hunger Games books, and Lord of the Flies. Absolutely loved the Hunger Games trilogy, and The Outsiders and To Kill a Mocking Bird are two of my favorite "classics". I feel like I need to read all of them again though, since for many it's been a very long time since I've read them. The Fault in Our Stars is on my to-read list as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Kill A Mockingbird and The Outsiders are two of my favorites too. And it's cool you read so many. I loved TFIOS. :)

      Delete