Sunday, January 11, 2015

How To Make A Water Bucket Part 1


This is an old post that I am just reposting. I accidentally deleted it, but never fear! You can actually retrieve deleted posts by finding the cached version of it and reposting it. You learn something new every day.


Happy Belated Esther Day!
Esther day was on August 3rd, but I didn't have a chance to do this post until now.
For model horses, when I was beginning and even still now, I've had plenty of wonderful people who have helped me from giving tips to giving gifts. It only seemed natural that for Esther day it would be about the model horse hobby. I love all of my hobby buds and I love all of my blog readers. <3
Here's a little recap of Esther Day's purpose.

So since 2010, August 3rd or Esther Day has become a holiday that reminds us to verbalize our love for friends and family, the important people in our lives who we might not remember to say “I love you” to very often.If you'd like to learn more about the This Star Won't Go Out Foundation, here's the link.

Anyways, here's the how-to. Even if you don't show, this would be cool to add to your model horse scenes!
First you need an oval brown (paper mache I believe) box. You don't need the lid and you can find the boxes at AcMoore. You will also need silver metallic paint.



Prime the box with white primer. You could probably skip these steps if you use metallic spray paint.


Then paint it with the silver paint. You don't have to worry about the bottom. It will take a couple of layer for the color to be consistent.

Let dry and we will be adding the water soon!


Any questions? If so feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment