Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Replay

Happy New Year everyone!
source

While I'm excited to see what 2015 brings, looking back on what 2014 brought is also fun too. 2014 was a great year, for many reasons. 
First I graduated from High School. That was a wonderful feeling.
This cake looks particularly appetizing right now.

It was a great showing year.
I won my first blue ribbon in open performance showing.
Then in October, Walker nabbed my first open showing rosette.
I helped out at 2 shows; the first being the Breyerfest C/Y show and the last being the PA State Model Horse show that was run by Niki Hertzog.
I also went to Breyerfest.
I saw famous horses
including the late Cigar.
I did go riding a few times, so yay!
Lexus, who is owned by fellow hobbyist, Lizzie
Yet the best part of 2014 was meeting fellow hobbyists, whether it was online or in person.  It's awesome knowing that there's a group of people who like model horses and from there you can branch out to other interests such as photography, TV shows, etc. So thanks everyone for that!
I wasn't the only person to have a good year. Alyssa Monk of Bits and Spurs responded with the most exciting part of her year. She got a horse after years of wanting one.
I've enjoyed her posts over the months documenting her search for a horse
Photo by Alyssa
and her deciding on Ollie.
Photo by Alyssa
Thanks for responding Alyssa and I hope you continue enjoying Ollie!
Hopefully everyone is as excited as me about what 2015 brings! :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I've enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you a bit in 2014. Looking forward to reading more and getting to know you better in 2015! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And it's been nice getting to know you too. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on all your accomplishments. I'm with you: hopefully 2015 will be another great year.

    ReplyDelete