Monday, June 9, 2014

Leaving A Mark

There's a quote that goes like this: "Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." It was written by Karen Davison, and it does apply to rescuing dogs, but I think it can apply to many other venues. The quote, in a sense, is saying that you don't have to do something huge or grand to make a difference. You don't have to be rich or a professional to pay-it-forward.
As much as I wish this was my current view, I am at home, in PA
Which brings me to the point of this post. It's that time of year again. Yes, it's summer and there's no school, but it's time for the benefit model horse auction for the Feather Fund. This year will be my second time donating and my donation pieces are more done than not. I plan on doing two, with the possibility of one more if the model cooperates. I have no idea about which island pony they will be painted after, but in my head they will be fluffy Chincoteague Ponies. (Since this picture, ears and tails have been hacked off, heads have changed positions, and padding has been added so they look more ponyish).

The nice thing about the Feather Fund is that anything that is donated is appreciated. And you know that the money gained is going straight to the cause and not into the pocket of some CEO. It's going straight to the mission of gifting a Chincoteague Pony foal from the magical island to a deserving child.  I know that I'm not changing the life of every pony loving kid on earth, but by helping  by giving a model to the Feather Fund auction, I know I'm helping to change the life of at least one. That's my way of leaving a mark.

If anyone is interested in donating, here's the website.
The Facebook page.
Last year I wrote a post that highlighted the history of the Feather Fund. Here
My friend, Maddi, also wrote a post on her blog.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is wonderful! I had no idea this is what you were going to write! I thought it was going to be about painting a model Chincoteague Pony. This made me teary and it made me so grateful again for all the amazing people like you in the world, because you really do make a difference! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you! Glad you liked it. <3

      Delete