Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Silver Lining

Silver is the word. At the Leesport show, I bought three Breyer Silver bodies. I have started hacking up one (that sounds healthy doesn't it?). This guy is going to be a Friesian stallion rearing. Has anyone noticed how whenever a Friesian is in a movie or a book it is seems alot of times to be named Diablo? I  just think of the Saddle Club (the original cast ones) where the one Friesian was called Diablo. And the Diablo series, by Gabi Adams, the Friesian is also named Diablo. So guess what my Friesian's name will be? Yup, Diablo.
 My Silver body's head was a little off. Someone did not have his head lined up. That was OK since Silver's head really isn't the look I was looking for. I did think about resulpting it, but I have plenty of bodies that were willing to loan their head.

So first, the heads were chopped off and the new one attached using foil, supper glue, and baking soda.

Poor Silver :)

Anyone guess who the new head came from
 Outline of the feathers were then added.



3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...

    Is that a Flash head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good guess, but no. The head is from the old breyer friesian. I would love to get my hands on a flash body one day though haha. He has tons of performance potential!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)
    Now I see that it's the friesian. I was thinking that Flash might be a little small anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete